The first Land Grant institution created by the Morrill Act in 1855, MSU harbors a history rich in the commitment of scholars and working people as a whole. Michigan State is known worldwide as a major public university with global reach and extraordinary impact. It offers more than 200 programs of study, nationally ranked, that attract scholars worldwide who are interested in combining education with practical problem solving.
At MSU, you will enjoy:
- A connection to the wide range of arts, sports, recreation, and places of interest on the MSU campus, including:
- Campus events happening daily
- Living near the heart of Michigan in the thriving city of East Lansing.
- Local festivals, art galleries, performances, parks, cinemas, golf courses, dining, sports, theaters, and more
- Driving from MSU and mid-Michigan in any direction into the rich experience of Pure Michigan and its natural beauty - the endless shorelines of the Great Lakes, interior waters, and National and State Forests
- A beautiful campus park with nearly 5200 acres of contiguous property, from farms to gardens to green resting places, providing a living laboratory where plants and people grow together.
- Serving one of the top research universities in the world